This blog is a tribute to Belle, and all the dogs who have come before and after. They are my friends, my companions, my teachers and my students. They bring me both joy and heartache, laughter and tears. There is nothing as sweet as the smell of puppy breathe, and nothing as sad as the final goodbye.


Saturday, May 18, 2013

Puppy Poem

Don't Complain…TRAIN!























Poem for the New Puppy Owner 

Don't smell crotches,
Don't eat plants. 
Don't steal food 
Or underpants.

Don't eat my socks, 
Don't grab my hair. . . 
DON'T RIP THE STUFFING 
FROM THAT CHAIR!

Don't eat those peas! 
Don't touch that bush! 
Don't chew my shoes. . . 
What IS that mush?

Eat your cookie, 
Drink your drink, 
Outta the toilet! 
Outta the sink!

AWAY FROM THE CAT BOX, 
IT'S FOR THE CAT! 
(And MUST you kiss me? 
After that???)

Yes, raising a puppy, 
Is not for the lazy! 
Though puppies are funny, 
They're also quite crazy.

But don't despair, 
Though its toil and strife. 
After 3 years, 
You'll get back your life!

So, let's go for "walkies", 
You can "do your thing" 
(And perhaps I'll get back 
My GOOD DIAMOND RING!)

Author Unknown



No comments: