This blog is a tribute to Belle, and all the dogs who have come before and after. They are my friends, my companions, my teachers and my students. They bring me both joy and heartache, laughter and tears. There is nothing as sweet as the smell of puppy breathe, and nothing as sad as the final goodbye.


Friday, March 8, 2013

The DevocalizationDebate




There is a push to ban devocalization of dogs in many cities. Some view this procedure as barbaric and cruel. Others view it as a necessary evil when confronted by apartment management or co-op boards telling owners of excessive barkers to give up their dogs. Often these hard to place dogs end up being killed in the shelter, especially in cities such as NYC, where private detached dwellings are almost nonexistent.  So, my question is this - Does the mean justify the end especially if it enables owners to keep their dogs? 

No comments: